about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
- John: Willingness to Suffer for God’s Glory July 2, 2015By John MacArthur The modern aversion to any form of human suffering is nothing new. The idea of suffering was not an enticing prospect for Jesus’ apostles either—they all forsook Jesus and fled on the night of His arrest (Mark 14:50). They were completely unable to reconcile suffering with God’s sovereign purposes. John, in particular, […]
- John: The Apostle of Godly Humility July 1, 2015By John MacArthur All of us have desires and ambitions. For the Christian, the challenge is to discern between the desires that are rooted in and feed our fallen flesh and the desires that have God as their source and His glory as their aim. Our conformity to Christ is tied to conforming our desires […]
- John: The Apostle of Uncompromised Love June 30, 2015By John MacArthur No one likes confrontation. Even those who like to confront others don’t like being confronted themselves. It’s awkward, unpleasant, and nerve-racking. The proud can feel attacked and the humble discouraged. Only self-righteous confronters feel good about it. That’s why Christians who confront sinners with biblical truth are regularly labelled as unloving. Since […]
- John: The Divisive Apostle of Love June 29, 2015by John MacArthur It is remarkable that John is nicknamed “the apostle of love.” Indeed, he wrote more than any other New Testament author about the importance of love—laying particular stress on the Christian’s love for Christ, Christ’s love for His church, and the love for one another that is the hallmark of true believers. […]
- John: Willingness to Suffer for God’s Glory July 2, 2015
- The Briefing 06-30-15Podcast Transcript 1) Oklahoma execution method upheld by Supreme Court, despite severe questioning of death penalty Supreme Court upholds use of controversial execution drug, Oklahoman Daily (AP) 2) Supreme Court stay against Texas abortion restrictions mean more infants will die Supreme Court blocks enforcement of Texas anti-abortion law, USA Today (Richard Wolf) 3) Christians cannot shirk […]
- The Briefing 06-29-15Podcast Transcript 1) Ending of New York prison break reminder sin is never as beautiful as it promises David Sweat shot and captured alive after New York manhunt, CNN (Deborah Feyerick, Alexandra Field and Dana Ford) 2) Outrage directed at social conservatives, not terrorist attacks, exposes priorities Terrorist Attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait Kill Dozens, […]
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Same Sex MarriagePodcast Transcript 1) Supreme Court affirms gay marriage as constitutional right, disregards democratic process Obergefell, et. al., v Hodges, et. al., Supreme Court Transcript: Obama’s remarks on Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage, Washington Post (Pres. Barack Obama) #LoveWins: Show Your Support for Marriage Equality Everywhere, White House Our Weddings, Our Worth, New York Times (Frank […]
- The Briefing 06-26-15Podcast Transcript 1) Supreme Court affirms Obamacare, exposing serious responsibility of interpreting texts Supreme Court Allows Nationwide Health Care Subsidies, New York Times (Adam Liptak) The Supreme Court Saves Obamacare, Again, New York Times (Editorial Board) King et al. v. Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services, et al., Supreme Court 2) Right to die for depressed […]
- The Briefing 06-30-15