about MeIt is hard to define myself apart from explaining my association with various institutions. Therefore, here are some of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
- John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul on Sola Scriptura and the Reformation October 31, 2014Today while much of the world wallows in the excess and prurience of Halloween, some Christians will instead pause to celebrate a different holiday. Reformation Day marks the anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his Ninety-five Theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany. That audacious act by a passionate monk is often recognized as the flashpoint of t […]
- Common Interpretive Pitfalls October 30, 2014by John MacArthur Every paratrooper knows precisely where he is supposed to land, but no paratrooper will jump without also knowing the surrounding territory. To do otherwise can leave one disoriented and lost, which can have disastrous consequences. In the same way, to randomly parachute into Bible passages, trying to glean spiritual gems devoid of context, […]
- How to Read Both Sides of the Bible October 29, 2014by John MacArthur There is nothing more basic to Bible study than Bible reading. Imagine trying to interpret a middle chapter in the allegorical Pilgrim’s Progress without knowing the larger story, or studying the significance of World War II without a good understanding of World War I. Proper Bible study cannot be built on a scattered compilation of pet ver […]
- Recognizing the Glory of God’s Word October 27, 2014by John MacArthur The proliferation of good Bible translations is an enormous blessing. The unprecedented level of access to God’s Word that we enjoy was only made possible through the heroic Reformers 500 years ago. They bravely warred against the Roman Catholic determination to keep Scripture bound in the obscurity of Latin. Unfortunately, the tremendous a […]
- The End of an Era October 21, 2014From time to time at Grace to You we have the bittersweet duty to bid farewell to a faithful servant whom the Lord has called to another ministry. We recently said goodbye to Travis Allen, who has been called to pastor Grace Church in Greeley, Colorado. And after fourteen years of faithful service at Grace to You, it’s appropriate to recognize how the Lord h […]
- John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul on Sola Scriptura and the Reformation October 31, 2014
- HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC - ENERGY STAR - $799.99HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC - ENERGY STAR Get productive on this high-performance notebook, then easily convert to watch in stand mode, play in tent mode, and go in tablet mode. This innovative convertible PC has the power and flexibility to keep up with your needs..Switch, snap and close apps quickly and easily with the new HP Control Zone? track […]
- HP ENVY 15-u011dx x360 Convertible PC - ENERGY STAR - $899.99HP ENVY 15-u011dx x360 Convertible PC - ENERGY STAR Get productive on this high-performance notebook, then easily convert to watch in stand mode, play in tent mode, and go in tablet mode. This innovative convertible PC has the power and flexibility to keep up with your needs..Switch, snap and close apps quickly and easily with the new HP Control Zone? track […]
- HP Pavilion x2 - 13-r100dx - $629.99HP Pavilion x2 - 13-r100dx Whether used as a notebook or a tablet, this detachable PC is built to perform. Feature-packed for productivity with a full-size keyboard, dual batteries, multiple ports, and an Intel? processor..Packed for productivity with a full-size keyboard, dual batteries, multiple ports, and an Intel? processor..Keep fun at your fingertips […]
- HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC - ENERGY STAR - $799.99