about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
- Frequently Abused Verses: Are We Called to Literally Eat Christ’s Flesh and Drink His Blood? February 12, 2016By Cameron Buettel All over the world, on any given day of the week, Jesus Christ’s body is repeatedly sacrificed. According to the Roman Catholic Church, that’s what happens every time they celebrate the Mass—their version of Communion, or the Lord’s Table. In The Faith of Millions—a book certified by the Roman Catholic Church to […]
- Did Christ Promise Us Supernatural Power and Protection? February 10, 2016by Jeremiah Johnson Next week will mark the second anniversary of Jamie Coots’s death. He was a father, pastor, and one of the stars of the National Geographic Channel’s reality series, Snake Salvation. The show followed Coots’s life and ministry as a prominent leader in a sect of Holiness Pentecostals who incorporate handling poisonous snakes […]
- Christianity Is Not a Religion, It’s a Relationship February 8, 2016by Cameron Buettel The word religion has become a pejorative in the pulpits of too many preachers, and it has spread to the pews, as well. Well-meaning evangelists and church leaders are willing to labor long and hard to portray religion like a straight-jacket of rules and regulations. The way of Christ is then put […]
- Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin February 5, 2016by Cameron Buettel We live in a therapeutic culture that seems determined to do away with sin. Adultery and every form of immorality has been re-classified as sex addictions. Addictions to drugs and alcohol are classified as diseases, not the results of deliberate actions. And guns are now perceived as a greater evil than the […]
- Frequently Abused Verses: Are We Called to Literally Eat Christ’s Flesh and Drink His Blood? February 12, 2016
- The Briefing 02-12-16Discovery of gravitational waves wonderful, but the universe cannot tell its story alone || Pope and Russian Orthodox Patriarch to make history discussing future of Christianity || Drafting mothers and daughters not only bad policy, but contrary to God's design
- The Briefing 02-11-16Argument rejecting CDC's advice for women of childbearing age to abstain from alcohol a rejection of God's design || Attempts to change vocabulary around alcohol abuse remove moral responsibility || Crisis pregnancy centers challenge law that forces them to be complicit in the culture of death
- The Briefing 02-10-16Results of New Hampshire primary reflect the truth that even geography matters to worldview || Bernie Sanders's "religious feelings" have no doctrinal content yet still trouble atheists || GOP shouldn't cut the "God talk," religion a good indicator of worldview and policy || Florida man's crime of assault with a deadly alligator a picture of […]
- The Briefing 02-09-16Rise of socialism's popularity on the Left reveals many unaware of historical failures || Clash of worldviews on the Left puts Hollywood and young voters at odds with feminists || Global unrest has direct impact on 2016 presidential race in the candidacy of Rand Paul
- The Briefing 02-12-16
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.