about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
- Separation, Purity, and Thanksgiving November 23, 2015by Jeremiah Johnson Thanksgiving is upon us, and your preparations are likely underway. Maybe you’re cleaning your home in anticipation of the friends and family who will soon arrive. Maybe you’re cooking and baking in advance for all the mouths you’ll need to feed. Or perhaps you’ve simply staked out a comfortable place to watch […]
- The Fundamentals Personified November 20, 2015by Cameron Buettel Fundamental doctrines are fundamental because they are essential to believe and damnable to deny. They bring conviction and provoke rebellion. They affirm truth and expose error. They are preached by those who love the truth and rejected by those who hate it. Either way they demand a response from everyone who claims […]
- Fundamental Doctrines Cannot Be Denied November 18, 2015by Cameron Buettel Scripture isn’t all good news—it also conveys some serious threats. As we consider the fundamentals of our faith, it’s clear the Lord has set forth some truths that cannot be trifled with. While God’s Word offers many glorious promises for believers who affirm and embrace essential gospel truths, it also warns of […]
- Getting the Gospel Right Is Fundamental November 16, 2015by Cameron Buettel The gospel of Jesus Christ is a sacred message. It is God’s chosen means for reaching all who would come to saving faith (1 Corinthians 1:21). Whether you preach to a congregation or witness to your neighbor, eternal destinies hinge on the proclamation of Christ crucified. It’s why the apostle Paul asks […]
- Separation, Purity, and Thanksgiving November 23, 2015
- The Briefing 11-25-15Thanksgiving and gratitude key to Christian belief about God, self, and the world
- The Briefing 11-24-2015Majority voters already decided on 2016 vote, exposing worldview division of American politics || Ages of Supreme Court Justices underlines significance of worldview of next President || Unintended consequences of suicide laws illustrates teaching role of law
- The Briefing 11-23-15Mali and Paris attacks show developing rivalry between ISIS and al Qaeda, exposing same deadly worldview || Favored candidate loses Louisiana governorship overwhelmingly, exposing importance of character || Vocabulary debate over bathrooms and bathroom access adds to moral confusion of society
- The Briefing 11-20-15Jewish prayer at shared holy site sparks controversy due to theology of prayer of Judaism, Islam || Significance of sibling-relationships to later life underlines tragedy of one-child China || Sociologists argue next step in sexual revolution for men to take up more feminine roles
- The Briefing 11-25-15
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.