about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Friday's Featured Sermon: "The Believer's Ambition" September 30, 2016by Jeremiah Johnson What do you want out of life? For most people, that question sends their minds sprinting in several different directions at once. Some answers are common to all of us. We want to be loved. We want to be happy, healthy, and secure. But beyond those basics, we all have goals we’re […]
- Hearts in Heaven September 29, 2016by John MacArthur When Jesus preached, He called people to enter the kingdom (Luke 13:24). Sometimes He urged people to be saved (John 5:34). And other time He spoke of inheriting eternal life (Mark 10:30). All three expressions point to the reality that occurs at conversion. When a person trusts Christ, that person is saved, […]
- When Eternity Is More Important September 27, 2016by Jeremiah Johnson The world is on fire. In just the short time since we began this series on fixing our eyes on heaven, we’ve witnessed bombings, rioting, and violence across the country. That’s on top of a deeply contentious election cycle, amid daily reports of corruption and scandal. And all of it comes in […]
- No Place Like Home September 26, 2016by John MacArthur A pamphlet I once read related the following anecdote from the life of John Quincy Adams: One day in his 80th year . . . he was approached by a friend who said, “And how is John Quincy Adams today?” The former President of the United States replied graciously, “Thank you, John […]
- Friday's Featured Sermon: "The Believer's Ambition" September 30, 2016
- The Briefing 09-30-16Checks and Balances: Congress overrides Pres. Obama's veto for the first time in his presidency || Electoral accountability: Elected state judges less supportive of LGBT rights than appointed ones || Today marks 40th anniversary of the Hyde amendment, which protects taxpayers from paying for abortions || New Ligonier and LifeWay study shows widespread theological confusion […]
- The Briefing 09-29-16New Pew report maps out where the American public stands on religious liberty vs. non-discrimination || First baby born using "3-parent" technique raises huge moral and theological concerns || What does divorce have to do with religious decline? Everything, new study suggests The post The Briefing 09-29-16 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 09-28-16Bioethics Journal: Doctors have no right to refuse patients abortion, assisted suicide || In the beginning: Geologist admits scientific community's origin myth relies on faith, not verifiable || Did civil religion die Monday night? Politics in a post-Christian America The post The Briefing 09-28-16 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 09-27-16Who won the debate? What fact-checkers and political analysts reveal about worldview and truth || But will they even vote? Poor civic involvement reflects lack of conviction amongst growing "nones" || China joins the quest for alien life with new, massive telescope || Missionaries to Mars: If found, would Christians need to take the gospel […]
- The Briefing 09-30-16
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.