about MeIt is hard to define myself apart from explaining my association with various institutions. Therefore, here are some of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
- Pastoral Sobriety January 22, 2015by John MacArthur When was the last time you sat down and evaluated your testimony? Not the story of how the Lord saved you, but the daily testimony of your life. What does your life say about your faith, your knowledge of God and His Word, and your love for His people? In simple terms, what is your reputation? We’ve been looking at the apostle Paul’s list o […]
- Rightly Handle God’s Word January 19, 2015by John MacArthur Churches suffer when pastoral search committees are informed more by the corporate world than by the Word of God. Preferences concerning style, personality, appearance, speaking ability, management skills, and sense of humor often factor too heavily in the decision-making process, obscuring clear instructions from God’s Word about the quali […]
- Setting the Record Straight January 16, 2015by Phil Johnson More than two years ago, I wrote an article titled “The Burpo-Malarkey Doctrine,” critiquing the insanely popular I-Saw-Heaven-and-Here’s-What-It’s-Like genre of Christian best sellers. We posted that article on the Grace to You blog in anticipation of a revised and expanded edition of John MacArthur’s The Glory of Heaven. One of the books I […]
- In Light of Recent Events January 15, 2015Recent and potential terrorist attacks in France currently dominate the news cycle. Analysts, experts, and commentators discuss and debate the facts, often with skewed and confused perspectives on Islam, and offer a variety of political and emotional responses. It’s no surprise that every time tragedy occurs—especially at the hands of Islamic terrorists—the […]
- Be Respectable and Hospitable January 14, 2015by Cameron Buettel The number of people successfully masquerading as pastors astounds me. How do these imposters manage to carve out lengthy and prosperous careers, often in spite of obvious character flaws and an utter lack of biblical fidelity? The short answer is that too many congregations prize personal preferences over biblical standards for shepherds. […]
- Pastoral Sobriety January 22, 2015
- HP 7 Plus II Black Tablet Case - $14.99HP 7 Plus II Black Tablet Case Precisely designed for HP 7 Plus II tablets with specific port openings..Optional dual viewing angles set up in seconds..The ultrathin, compact design provides convenient storage and portability. Price: $14.99 Save: $15.00 Prices and Availability Subject to Change Without Notice © 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Com […]
- HP 11.6 in Spectrum Blue Sleeve - $12.99HP 11.6 in Spectrum Blue Sleeve Slip in and go ? your notebook will be snugly enveloped within a plush interior and pristine snow white exterior, accented by a subtle HP logo.A layer of padded protection is blended within the full-length walls of the sleeve offsetting everyday bumps and scuffs. The durable twill exterior provides reliable weather resistance […]
- HP Slate All-in-One - 17-l020 - $439.99HP Slate All-in-One - 17-l020 Engage your senses with BeatsAudio? and a 17-inch diagonal Full HD touchscreen featuring ideal viewing angles via? dual rear? stands..Engage your senses with BeatsAudio? , Full HD touchscreen and multiple viewing angles..Access thousands of Android? apps and documents securely stored online with Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat.. […]
- HP 7 Plus II Black Tablet Case - $14.99