about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Paul's Gospel Essentials: Atonement and Burial February 28, 2017John MacArthur [Note from the Editor: This week’s blog posts are adapted from John MacArthur’s newest book The Gospel According to Paul, and also correlate with our current radio series. Click here to order a copy of the book, or here to listen to the radio broadcast.] The apostle Paul was deadly serious about keeping […]
- The Unchanging Gospel February 27, 2017John MacArthur [Note from the Editor: This week’s blog posts are adapted from John MacArthur’s newest book The Gospel According to Paul, and also correlate with our current radio series. Click here to learn more about the book, or here to listen to the radio broadcast.] There is only one gospel. That theme reverberates throughout […]
- Friday's Featured Sermon: "The Characteristics of One Who Forgives" February 17, 2017Cameron Buettel Forgiveness doesn’t come naturally in this angry world. In fact, it’s downright incompatible with the predominant victim mentality that cultivates rage. It’s a blessed relief God isn’t like us in that regard. While He maintains standards of justice and wrath far beyond anything we can conceive of, He is still “gracious and merciful; […]
- Ruth: Ordained Romance February 16, 2017John MacArthur From a Jewish perspective, Ruth wasn’t a good candidate for adoption into the nation of Israel. An impoverished widow from the pagan nation of Moab was likely seen as someone to avoid or perhaps even deport. But the providence of God isn’t bound by human logic or perception. As a matter of survival […]
- Paul's Gospel Essentials: Atonement and Burial February 28, 2017
- The Briefing 02-28-17The post The Briefing 02-28-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 02-27-17Are we alone in the universe? Discovery of seven earth-size planets prompts perennial speculation || In recently discovered essay, Winston Churchill ponders life on other planets and the "Goldilocks" zone || Why does a NY Times article about babies learning language in the womb not use the word "fetus"? The post The Briefing 02-27-17 appeared […]
- The Briefing 02-24-17Should parents be involved when a minor considers abortion? Current IN law says no; new bill says yes. || Vermont edges out New Hampshire in new Gallup survey as the least religious state in America || Secularization and Secularism in New England: The shape of our future? The post The Briefing 02-24-17 appeared first on […]
- The Briefing 02-23-17Theo Hobson says Church of England should remain agnostic on homosexuality. Is that even possible? || From 'The Homosexuals' to 'When We Rise': Documenting the LGBT revolution in two shows, 50 years apart || The rise of marriage-lite: British court denies heterosexual couple civil union || Culture and theology: What's missing in the NY Times […]
- The Briefing 02-28-17
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.