about MeIt is hard to define myself apart from explaining my association with various institutions. Therefore, here are some of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Psalms Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War
Think! Think! Think!
Free BookSomeone is giving away this classic that helped America out of the first Great Depression. It continues to change lives even today. It has more to say about "thinking" than "riches". Click here to have your copy delivered to your mail box.
- Discernment and Loving the Truth April 23, 2014by John MacArthur We saw last time that Paul affirmed the Bible as the only reliable criterion by which believers in this age can evaluate messages claiming to be truth from God. That testing of truth Paul calls for is not merely an academic exercise. It demands an active, twofold response. First there is a positive response to whatever is good: “Hold fast t […]
- Discernment and the Sufficiency of Scripture April 21, 2014by John MacArthur It is fair to point out that the Thessalonians were at a disadvantage compared to Christians today. They did not have all the written books of New Testament Scripture. Paul wrote both of his epistles to Thessalonica very early in the New Testament era—about A.D. 51. The two letters were probably written only a few months apart and are among […]
- Discerning Self-Evaluation April 18, 2014by John MacArthur Scripture is clear that believers must be faithful to examine and judge our own selves: “If we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged” (1 Corinthians 11:31). This calls for a careful searching and judging of our own hearts. Paul called for this self-examination every time we partake of the Lord’s Supper (v. 28). All other righteou […]
- Discerning Correction April 15, 2014by John MacArthur Discernment is a critical need in the church today. As we have already seen, it is required by both leaders and laymen alike for the exercise of godly judgment. It is vital in helping believers rightly inhabit and interact with the sinful world around us. Added to that, discernment is also necessary within the church as a means of correctin […]
- Discerning Judgment April 10, 2014by John MacArthur Last time we discussed the necessity of discerning leadership in the church. But exercising discernment is not only the duty of pastors and elders. The same careful discernment Paul demanded of church leadership is also required of every Christian. The exhortation in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 to “examine everything carefully” is written to the e […]
- Discernment and Loving the Truth April 23, 2014
- HP Pavilion 27xi 27-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor - $269.99HP Pavilion 27xi 27-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor In-plane Switching (IPS), the color-rich technology you know and love in tablets, mobile devices, and televisions, is now available in a micro-thin, 27-inch diagonal HD display designed for the home. .Share videos, photos, games, and more with striking 178? horizontal and 178? vertical viewing ang […]
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme HD-PZU3 HD-PZ1.0U3R 1 TB External Hard Drive - $143.99Buffalo MiniStation Extreme HD-PZU3 HD-PZ1.0U3R 1 TB External Hard Drive Buffalo MiniStation Extreme HD-PZU3 HD-PZ1.0U3R 1 TB External Hard Drive Price: $143.99 Save: $16.00 Prices and Availability Subject to Change Without Notice © 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. […]
- HP Pavilion 15z-n200 TouchSmart Notebook - ENERGY STAR with; 4GB DDR3 System RAM - 1Dimm;; Windows 8.1 64; - $469.99HP Pavilion 15z-n200 TouchSmart Notebook - ENERGY STAR with; 4GB DDR3 System RAM - 1Dimm;; Windows 8.1 64; HP Pavilion 15z-n200 TouchSmart Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) with ; 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1Dimm) ; ; Windows 8.1 64 ; Price: $469.99 Save: $30.00 Prices and Availability Subject to Change Without Notice © 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Compa […]
- HP Pavilion 27xi 27-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor - $269.99