about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Election and Christ July 19, 2017From heaven’s perspective, the ultimate end of election and the ultimate purpose behind God’s grace poured out on us is the eternal glorification of the Son. But to understand God’s individual purpose in electing His people for salvation, we need to consider Romans 8:29: “For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed […]
- An Eternal Expression of Love July 17, 2017We often skim quickly over the introductory parts of Paul’s epistles, but they are usually pregnant with meaning—and in the case of his letter to Titus, profoundly so. In his seemingly simple salutation, Paul gives us some vivid insight into how the plan of redemption started. In verses 1 and 2, Paul describes his work […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Four Ways to Miss Heaven” July 14, 2017Almost everybody wants to go to heaven. In a world where the mortality rate still sits at 100 percent, most of us hope for a better place once we depart this fallen earth. Many choose to assume that their deceased loved ones are in heaven because it’s simply too painful to consider any other possibility. […]
- God's Freedom to Elect July 12, 2017Despite what we sometimes think, we have no say in what God does or how He does it. He’s not swayed or influenced by our values, our interests, or our sense of justice. In fact, the psalmist tells us, “Our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases” (Psalm 115:3). Moreover, the Lord […]
- Election and Christ July 19, 2017
- The Briefing 06-30-17Harry Potter at 20: What will be the legacy of J.K. Rowling's fantasy series 'Harry Potter'? || The iPhone turns 10: Who owns whom? Do we own the iPhone, or does the iPhone own us? || Religious liberty vs. sexual liberty: How "dignitary harm" could completely reshape the conversation The post The Briefing 06-30-17 appeared […]
- The Briefing 06-29-17The politics of abortion: 25 years ago today, SCOTUS handed down the infamous Casey decision || Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has played an outsize role in America's culture wars || Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards thinks she can change America's conscience on abortion. Will she? || Church of CrossFit? Why gyms and other secular communities […]
- The Briefing 06-28-17Geographic virtue signaling: Four more 'discriminatory' states added to California's state travel ban || 'No religion' now Australia's number one religion? No, but new census data reveals secularizing trend || NPR highlights importance of fathers for children's well-being—are they listening to their own report? The post The Briefing 06-28-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 06-27-17SCOTUS story #1: Big win for religious liberty as Supreme Court rules 7-2 in favor of Trinity Lutheran || SCOTUS story #2: Unanimous Supreme Court decision upholds most of President Trump's travel ban || SCOTUS story #3: SCOTUS reverses AR Supreme Court, disestablishing biology-based birth registration || SCOTUS story #4: Supreme Court to hear momentous […]
- The Briefing 06-30-17
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.