about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotion Devotional Disasters Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- How Does the Spirit Work Through Scripture? July 25, 2016by John MacArthur Most of the modern discussion about the Holy Spirit focuses on His supposedly ongoing miraculous and revelatory ministries. But despite what the charismatic church would have us believe, the Spirit is not revealing new truth and prophecies to God’s people today. Nor is He is deploying miraculous power at the whim of […]
- Why Does Sola Scriptura Still Matter? July 22, 2016by John MacArthur The Protestant Reformation is rightly regarded as the greatest revival in the last thousand years of church history—a movement so massive it radically altered the course of Western civilization. Names like Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Knox are still well-known today, five centuries after they lived. Through their writings and sermons, […]
- Can We Add to God's Word? July 20, 2016by John MacArthur Over the last hundred years, the church has seen an explosion of interest in the Holy Spirit—particularly in His work of empowering God’s people and revealing His truth. This renewed interest in the Spirit’s role in our daily lives has injected excitement and enthusiasm into many churches, as the Lord seems to […]
- What Did Jesus Think of God's Word? July 18, 2016by John MacArthur Can you believe in Christ but not in the authority and infallibility of the Bible? You can try, but it will leave you on the horns of a very real dilemma: If you say you believe in Christ but doubt the Bible’s truthfulness, you are being inconsistent and even irrational. Christ endorsed […]
- How Does the Spirit Work Through Scripture? July 25, 2016
- The Briefing 07-01-16Pope Francis continues to sow confusion with remarks on marriage, homosexuality, and—yes—justification || Under cultural pressure, military lifts transgender ban and removes "man" from job titles The post The Briefing 07-01-16 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 06-30-16America's new state religion: California bill threatens existence of Christian higher ed || California to consider legalizing recreational marijuana in November with "Adult Use of Marijuana Act" || The economics of morality: Microsoft first major company to try capitalizing on marijuana The post The Briefing 06-30-16 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 06-29-16Why are the most important moral questions of our time being decided by the Supreme Court? || Independent report shows SCOTUS decisions are trending left. Are we really surprised? || Can Christians still be pharmacists? Yesterday's SCOTUS decision a major blow to religious liberty. || From covenant to contract: No-fault divorce is wreaking havoc on […]
- The Briefing 06-28-16In landmark case, SCOTUS doubles down on "constitutional" right to an abortion invented 40 yrs. ago || Ex-Gov. of Virginia avoids conviction in unanimous SCOTUS decision upholding due process || Most British millennials were strongly against Brexit—but not enough to vote. The post The Briefing 06-28-16 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 07-01-16
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.