about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Reconciled by the Work of Substitution May 23, 2018How can God be both just and the justifier of sinful men (cf. Romans 3:26)? That question represents the true mystery of reconciliation between God and man, and it’s not humanly answerable. A divinely designed solution is required for God to reconcile sinners to Himself without compromising His righteousness and holiness. Imagine you’re a judge. […]
- Reconciled by the Response of Obedience May 21, 2018The means of our reconciliation to God—the sacrificial death of Christ, the perfect forgiveness God applies to our sin—are divine works. But there is a human component that goes along with it. We bear some responsibility, too, if we are to be reconciled and redeemed. Paul hints at it in 2 Corinthians 5:20: “We are […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “An Invitation to God’s Great Banquet” May 18, 2018What is your Christian identity based upon? Maybe you attend an excellent church, listen to the best teachers, embrace the right doctrines, and serve in the noblest ministry. Those are all good and integral elements of a healthy Christian walk. But they don’t make you a Christian. It may seem like I’m stating the obvious, […]
- Reconciled by the Act of Forgiveness May 16, 2018True reconciliation requires God’s forgiveness; it can occur only if the offended party is willing to forgive and remove the barrier sin creates. The sinner cannot remove that barrier, and so cannot reconcile himself to God. Only the Lord can effect reconciliation by choosing not to count our trespasses against us. The apostle Paul highlights […]
- Reconciled by the Work of Substitution May 23, 2018
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018After Supreme Court ruling on sports betting, groups look to cash in on potential windfall || Why a certain brand of feminist ideology won’t be satisfied by anything less than a comprehensive victory || Secularism and the new understanding of human rights: Why human dignity must be rooted in concrete, objective truth The post Wednesday, […]
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018With a wink and a nod, Pope Francis’ reported comments signal new level of acceptance of homosexuality || How are evangelical Christian to think about homosexuality and sexual orientation? || Why an unborn child shouldn’t be recognized as an unborn child only when that unborn child is wanted by his or her parents The post […]
- Monday, May 21, 2018Why a sane society cannot ‘throw their hands up’ after another school shooting, this time in Texas || Prayer is at the center of the conversation after shooting in community that has famously fought for their right to pray || Monarchy in the modern age: The societal and moral shift reflected in the royal wedding […]
- Friday, May 18, 2018Questions of morality, truth, and spycraft raised as Haspel is confirmed as CIA director || The reality of morality: Is there such a thing as absolute right or wrong? || What do spiralizers, kale leaf strippers, and avocado slicers tell us about the world in which we live? The post Friday, May 18, 2018 appeared […]
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.