about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- God in the Hands of Giddy Sinners November 14, 2018Many charismatics today claim that the Great Awakening was a forerunner to their own movement, marked by the same emotional outbursts and experiences that dominate their worship. Moreover, as we’ve already seen, they argue that the movement was quenched by an emphasis on theological precision. But such arguments betray a woeful misunderstanding of the Great […]
- Jonathan Edwards Warns Modern Mystics November 12, 2018No one was in a better position to evaluate the Great Awakening than Jonathan Edwards. He watched it firsthand from beginning to end. He personally witnessed the remarkable emotional and physical responses in congregations where he preached. He defended the Awakening when critics denounced it as pure hysteria. And when it was over, he carefully […]
- Goodbye to a Gifted Servant November 9, 2018No one likes goodbyes. But by God’s grace, we can sometimes see His providence in the parting of ways. Such is the case next week, as we bid farewell to Gabriel Powell. For the past five years, Gabe has faithfully served as the head of Grace to You’s Internet ministry. In that time, he has […]
- A Look at the Great Awakening November 7, 2018The Great Awakening was a dramatic revival that began in New England in the mid-eighteenth century and swept the colonies before it finally subsided. Multitudes were converted in the Awakening, and the spiritual climate of colonial America was transformed. Even in secular history books, the Great Awakening is treated as one of the most significant […]
- The Doctrine of Anti-Theology November 5, 2018Pastors need Bereans in their congregations—members “who received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so” (Acts 17:11). Those who would teach God’s Word must be held accountable to its exacting standards. Unfortunately, the opposite is true for those who desire to preach personal opinions and exegete […]
- John MacArthur on Where We Find the Truth November 2, 2018Where do you find the truth? In a day dominated by anonymous sources, political spin, and so-called fake news, locating and understanding the truth ought to be a high priority. However, what we see most often is people circling the wagons with others who share their opinions and holding to the version of the facts […]
- Feeling Good, Thinking Nothing October 31, 2018Ecstatic experiences can be addictive. The world is full of thrill-seekers and daredevils hunting for that next rush of fear and adrenaline. The same is true for men and women who get hooked on the emotional highs of religious fervor. Soon the same old routines aren’t enough; their search for a greater spiritual high leads […]
- Seduced by Mysticism October 29, 2018Personal experiences and feelings are dangerous sources from which to derive one’s theology. The subjective impressions of reprobate minds rarely reflect concrete truth. Our most pressing need is for the fixed, external, objective, and unshakable truth found in God’s inerrant Word. But even in the church, the allure of mystical experience regularly trumps the heavy […]
- God in the Hands of Giddy Sinners November 14, 2018
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018What the legacy of Stan Lee teaches us about the reality of human beings as narrative creatures || High-profile trial of notorious drug lord ‘El Chapo’ poses unique security challenges in New York City || Honor among thieves: How one mobster's demise reveals the inevitability of a moral order The post Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018 […]
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018Vatican bars U.S. Bishops from taking action on sex abuse scandal, exposes structural fault in Roman Catholicism || New president of Planned Parenthood spends first day on the job trying to convince Americans Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with abortion || Embracing insanity: In age of autonomous individual, one man takes this to its […]
- Monday, Nov. 12, 2018Two stories about death and evil—one moral evil, one natural evil—dominate weekend headlines out of California || Amidst charges and counter charges of election fraud, we still don’t know the outcome of major elections. What does this reveal about the nature of democracy? || On 100th anniversary of end of World War I, Christians must […]
- Friday, Nov. 9, 2018Is there still a distinction between boys and girls? Lawsuit between Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts forces important cultural conversation || How a change in one retailer's corporate policy reveals moral confusion of modern age || When a culture reevaluates how it is structured, even bake sales may seem out of step The post Friday, […]
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018