about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Fifty Years of Unleashing God’s Truth, One Verse at a Time: An Interview with John MacArthur” February 15, 2019On February 9, 1969, John MacArthur preached his first sermon as pastor of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California. In the fifty years since, John’s sequential exposition of Scripture has continued unabated—always with the same relentless passion and desire to know God’s Word and explain its true meaning. In deciding what to say from […]
- Blessed Assurance February 13, 2019God is holy and we are sinful. Those two inescapable truths should frame our entire worldview. They also explain the terror God’s saints always felt during the divine encounters recorded in Scripture. It shouldn’t surprise us that even the apostle John collapsed “like a dead man” at the Lord’s feet when he came face-to-face with […]
- God Glorified Through His People February 11, 2019As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14–16) One of the deadliest heresies the church […]
- Sovereign Care and Protection February 8, 2019How would you assess the current state of the church? Many believers would deliver a despairing report. Cowardice, compromise, and heresy abound in the guise of church growth strategies and contextualization. Religious broadcasting is overrun with charlatans and salesmen. And the political correctness juggernaut continues to infiltrate congregations. Yet Jesus Christ is still building His […]
- The Lord’s Voice of Authority February 6, 2019I frequently hear pastors say, “You need to learn to listen to the voice of God. You need to be tuned in so you can hear His still, small voice.” Author Sarah Young makes a similar claim in Jesus Calling—her bestselling devotional based on messages she claims to have received from Christ. Presumptuously writing in […]
- The Lord Purifies His People February 4, 2019“He’s not mad at you, He’s mad about you.” That’s how one high-profile pastor of a leading seeker-sensitive church likes to describe God’s supposed disposition toward sinners.  https://pastorrick.com/if-you-want-to-change-start-with-your-thinking/. But that short turn of phrase—clearly designed to soothe convicted consciences and diminish the offense of sin—is a woeful distortion of God’s holy character and the […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “The Benefits of Knowing Christ” February 1, 2019I once heard the story of a man who spent his entire life in abject poverty. Soon after his death, a massive deposit of gold was discovered just beneath the surface of his small plot of land. I found it staggering to contemplate the vast resources that poor man had right under his feet his […]
- The Lord’s Relentless Defense of His People January 30, 2019What is Jesus doing right now? After all, His creation is complete (John 1:1–3) and His atoning work is finished (Hebrews 10:12–14). So what occupies Him in the present? While exiled on the island of Patmos, the apostle John received a powerful reminder of the Lord’s ongoing priestly work. John describes Christ’s appearance in Revelation […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Fifty Years of Unleashing God’s Truth, One Verse at a Time: An Interview with John MacArthur” February 15, 2019
- Friday, Feb. 15, 2019Grandstanding from left in New York scares off Amazon. What does this tell us about capitalism? || To be cool or to be a church? A secular culture forces churches to choose when it comes to biblical sexuality The post Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019Unbridled liberal ambition: How the ‘Green New Deal’ packages every dream of the American left in one single proposal || The reality of the ecological crisis and and the rational contours of the Christian worldview || Truth, morality, and politics: No matter what our cause, Christians must be people who always affirm the truth The […]
- Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019Are abortion advocates on a slippery slope? What new laws reveal about the widening moral divide in America || Why political pressure is not enough to change biology || The tools of a moral revolution: Report card on LGBT issues shames states into ‘progress’ The post Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019Virginia’s soap opera continues: Will the Democrats apply their zero-tolerance policy? || The new orthodoxy of identity politics: Understanding the consequences of reducing human beings to just one characteristic || The real reason why Christians should reject identity politics The post Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- Friday, Feb. 15, 2019