about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Marks of a Faithful Church” June 23, 2017Without a doubt, the question we receive most frequently at Grace to You is, “How do I find a good church in my area?” Locating a faithful, biblically sound church is a struggle most believers face at one time or another in their lives. Sometimes it’s difficult to even know what to look for in […]
- Regulating Special Revelation June 21, 2017If God is still speaking to His people today—particularly through mental impressions and premonitions—how can believers exercise discernment when it comes to interpreting and applying these divine messages? Put simply, how is following the private, subjective “leading” of the Lord any more reliable than gazing into a crystal ball? As we saw last time, biblical […]
- Subjectivity and the Will of God June 19, 2017If you rely on internal, subjective messages and promptings from the Lord, what prevents you from imagining the input you want from Him? Moreover, what reliable, objective mechanism exists to keep you from misinterpreting your own imagination as divine instruction? As we saw last time, many good souls and even some heroes of our faith […]
- Friday's Featured Sermon: "Spiritually Living, Yet Still Stinking" June 16, 2017The terminology we use to describe God’s work in salvation is almost exclusively positive. We talk about the new birth, the new life, transformation and regeneration. But we also have to recognize that salvation requires death—specifically, the death of our old, sinful selves. We have to die if we’re going to be saved. And throughout […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Marks of a Faithful Church” June 23, 2017
- The Briefing 06-23-17The history of "Born this way" and why the LGBT movement is phasing it out as a slogan || What does it say about the LGBT revolution that "Pride" events are now more corporate & less radical? || Childhood redefined: Antidepressants for 6-year-olds, Botox for 8-year-olds, & no playing in the sand? The post The […]
- The Briefing 06-22-175th straight special election victory for GOP in Georgia raises questions of Democratic Party identity || What is the Queen's Speech? Important differences between the British and American forms of government || A modern monarchy in historical context: Why Saudi Arabia rewrote its hereditary monarchy's succession The post The Briefing 06-22-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 06-21-17London terror attack targeting Muslim community center exposes challenges Islam faces in the West || What is the role of government? The aftermath of the Grenfell Tower fire in London that killed 79 || The question of legacy after Bill Cosby's sexual assault accusations and mistrial The post The Briefing 06-21-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 06-20-17Did Christians start the wedding wars? It isn't Christianity whose definition of marriage changed. || Digital age parenting: Do we really have to be told Amazon's 'Alexa' doesn't make a good parent? || The New Yorker discovers St. Augustine: Sex and the priority of theology in Augustine's thought The post The Briefing 06-20-17 appeared first […]
- The Briefing 06-23-17
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.