about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health History Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- The Four Soils: The Rocky Ground August 16, 2017Just a short drive from the freeways and congestion of Los Angeles you’ll find barren hills and mountains. During the rainy season they suddenly spring to life with luxuriant-looking greenery. But they quickly revert to a parched brown. The green that looked so promising turns into lifeless scrub, good for nothing but feeding California’s wildfires […]
- The Four Soils: Beside the Road August 14, 2017Ineffective evangelism can cause a lot of soul searching for the one evangelizing. Some re-evaluate the message while others question their methodology. But those are only worthwhile endeavors insofar as the message remains faithful to the one true gospel (Galatians 1:8–9) and the methodology is obedient to Christ’s command: “That repentance for forgiveness of sins […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Barriers to True Discipleship” August 11, 2017What does it mean to follow Christ? Is it the product of a momentary emotional decision, or a lifelong pursuit marked by sacrifice and self-denial? In his sermon “Barriers to True Discipleship,” John MacArthur explains what Christ meant when He said, “Follow Me.” “Following” in itself implies a future, implies continuity. It implies something beyond […]
- The Parable of the Sower and Bad Evangelism August 9, 2017One of the dominant myths in evangelicalism is that the growth of Christianity hinges on its popularity. The idea that more people will repent if only the preacher were cooler or funnier invariably causes the church to suffer through a ridiculous parade of entrepreneurial types who act as though their personal charm can draw people […]
- The Four Soils: The Rocky Ground August 16, 2017
- The Briefing 08-16-17Head of Scotland’s national arts agency calls for gender inclusivity by coercion in church leadership || Pot paradise in California desert? Marijuana company buys California town for cannabis resort || College and cannabis: Students perform better after losing legal access to marijuana The post The Briefing 08-16-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 08-15-17What does the rising number of cremations tell us about shifts in America’s worldview? || Pyre fit for a King: Thailand prepares for King’s funeral and cremation || World maps changed radically 70 years ago today as Pakistan and India gained independence The post The Briefing 08-15-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 08-14-17Tragedy in Charlottesville as alt-right, white supremacist protesters clash with counter-protesters || The lessons of history and the heresy of racial superiority || Clash of moralities: Prominent gay activist Tim Gill threatens to ‘punish the wicked’ The post The Briefing 08-14-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 08-11-17Jeffress’ North Korea comments prompt debate about moral authority of President || Just War theory and North Korea: Military engagement justified only when it is the least worst option || Why the increase in profanity in American literature is an indicative barometer of culture The post The Briefing 08-11-17 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- The Briefing 08-16-17
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.