about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?
- 1st Amendment
- American History
- Bush Administration
- Computer Literacy
- Deep State
- Eye for an Eye
- Justice for All
- Police State
- Raising Kids
- Religious Right
- Ron Paul
- Self Improvement
- Serving Mammon
- Thomas Jefferson
- What Are the "Greater Works" for Believers? June 28, 2019In the lead-up to the Truth Matters conference in October, we will be focusing our attention on the sufficiency, authority, and clarity of Scripture. Of our previous blog series, none better embodies that emphasis than Frequently Abused Verses. The following entry from that series originally appeared on September 18, 2015. -ed. In the quiet intimacy of the upper […]
- Is Judgement Always Forbidden? June 26, 2019In the lead-up to the Truth Matters conference in October, we will be focusing our attention on the sufficiency, authority, and clarity of Scripture. Of our previous blog series, none better embodies that emphasis than Frequently Abused Verses. The following entry from that series originally appeared on September 16, 2015. -ed. Love, don’t judge. For many people in […]
- What Is the Eye of a Needle? June 24, 2019In the lead-up to the Truth Matters conference in October, we will be focusing our attention on the sufficiency, authority, and clarity of Scripture. Of our previous blog series, none better embodies that emphasis than Frequently Abused Verses. The following entry from that series originally appeared on September 14, 2015. -ed. I haven’t always sat under the […]
- Imperishable, Undefiled, and Unfading June 19, 2019What would it be like to have endless riches stored up for you—a future reward that could never be taken away, but that could be enjoyed forever? If you are a Christian, that is an accurate description of the inheritance God has stored up for you. The apostle Peter used three negative terms to describe […]
- How to Receive True Riches June 17, 2019You don’t buy or earn your way into an inheritance. The Greek word translated “inheritance” (kleronomia, 1 Peter 1:4) speaks of possessions passed down from generation to generation. You receive them simply because you’re a family member. The apostle Peter describes the means by which believers gain membership in the family of God: “[He] caused […]
- How to Wait for Heaven June 14, 2019Focusing on our eternal inheritance is key to maintaining a proper perspective on Christ’s sufficiency, especially when you’re in the midst of difficult circumstances. That’s not always easy because we’re prone toward selfishness and desiring instant gratification. Advertising fuels that mentality by telling us we can have all we want—and we can have it right […]
- A Rich Legacy to Enjoy June 12, 2019Where did Christians ever get the notion that they need anything other than Christ? Is He somehow inadequate? Is His gift of salvation somehow deficient? Certainly not. We are children of God, joint heirs with Christ, and therefore beneficiaries of a richer legacy than the human mind could ever comprehend: “We are children of God, […]
- Trash or Treasure? June 10, 2019Homer and Langley Collyer were sons of a respected New York doctor. Both studied at Columbia University—Homer earned his degree in law, and Langley became an accomplished engineer and concert pianist. When their parents both died in the 1920s, the brothers inherited the family home and estate. The two men—both bachelors—were now financially secure. But […]
- What Are the "Greater Works" for Believers? June 28, 2019
- Friday, June 28, 2019Two Nights, Four Hours, Twenty Democrats, and a Swerve to the Left: The First ‘Debate’ of the 2020 Election Cycle The Biggest Winners From Both Nights of the Democratic Presidential Debate? Expansive Government, the Welfare State, and the Abortion Industrial Complex Big Decisions Handed Down in the Last Week of the Supreme Court Term: Free […]
- Thursday, June 27, 2019Cultural Christianity in Retreat: Understanding the Impact and Meaning of Declining Church Attendance Empty Pews and Empty Cribs? A Look at the Relationship Between Increasing Secularization and the Falling Birth Rate He Stands! The Heartwarming Story of Charley, the Boy Who Had Spinal Surgery in the Womb The Miracle of a Mother’s Milk: Yes, Milk […]
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019A Milestone in the Moral Revolution: 50 Years After the Stonewall Rebellion The Past is Prologue? The LGBTQ Revolution is Nowhere Close to Over Hollywood’s Moral Messaging to Mainstream America: The Entertainment Culture and the Gay Rights Movement Reparations for the Gay Community? The Next Leap in the Logic of the Sexual Revolution (and American […]
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019British Judge Rules Mentally Disabled Woman Must Abort Her Baby: The Frightening, Coercive Power of the State on Full Display The Charade of the ‘Pro-Choice’ Movement Is No More: Evaluating the Common Arguments of the Pro-Abortion Movement Developer of ‘The Pill’ Dies at 102: A Look at George Rosenkranz and the Medical Moral History of […]
- Friday, June 28, 2019