about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Friends of Christ April 23, 2018When we think about the life of our Lord, we generally focus on His preaching, His confrontations with religious hypocrites, and His relationships with His disciples. But we can easily overlook the friendships He enjoyed with everyday people—those with whom He found hospitality, fellowship, and refreshment. Throughout the course of the four gospels, we repeatedly […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “God’s Strategy for Church Growth” April 20, 2018Is church growth an exact science? Is improved methodology always the key to bigger churches and more effective evangelism? There are plenty of evangelical experts who would answer yes to both of those questions—either in word or in deed. John MacArthur has encountered this phenomenon for decades. We hear so much these days about […]
- Limitless Love April 18, 2018Let’s be honest. If we encountered a scenario like the one Jesus describes in the parable of the Good Samaritan, we would not react like the title character. In fact, most of us would probably think the Samaritan’s generosity toward a stranger seems excessive. Did you ever set aside everything to help a total stranger […]
- The Unlikeliest Ally April 16, 2018The parable of the Good Samaritan isn’t a story about benevolence or social justice. It was not delivered as a heartwarming tale of gracious self-sacrifice, but as a stinging rebuke to pharisaical self-righteousness. In response to a hairsplitting question from an unctuous law scribe (Luke 10:29), the Lord told a story that highlighted the vain […]
- Friends of Christ April 23, 2018
- Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2018How morality, not just economics, factors in to Amazon’s search for HQ2 || Massachusetts schools adopt new curriculum aimed at normalizing LGBTQ lifestyle || What worldview will be taught as ‘teachable moments’ arise in public schools? || Schools become the new battleground for the sexual revolution as the number of transgender teachers increases || Regular […]
- Monday, Apr. 23, 2018Transfer of power in Cuba proves that some of the worst and deadliest ideas seem to persist the longest || As socialism resurges in the United States, many who identify as socialists don’t really know what socialism is || Why religious organizations’ right to hire people devoted to their religious beliefs is vital to religious […]
- Friday, Apr. 20, 2018California set to enact legislation barring sale of any books expressing orthodox Christian beliefs on sexuality || Christians no longer welcome? What’s really behind the line of questioning in a Senate committee hearing || Army chaplain under fire after refusing to facilitate a marriage retreat for same-sex couples The post Friday, Apr. 20, 2018 appeared […]
- Thursday, Apr. 19, 2018The indispensable role First Ladies have played in American history || Former First Lady Barbara Bush dies at 92: Remembering her life and legacy || How the cultural establishment maintains their cultural standing in the midst of a sexual revolution || The convoluted question of character in politics: Does James Comey really demonstrate a 'higher […]
- Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2018
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.