about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- The Legacy of the Reformation October 10, 2018In medieval Europe, the Roman Catholic Church had a stranglehold on all matters pertaining to spiritual life. In an era when Bibles were rare and inaccessible to all but the clergy, the hierarchy of Rome established itself as the gatekeeper controlling access to Scripture, and thus to God. The priests granted forgiveness, bestowed blessing, and […]
- The Danger of Calling the Church to Repent October 8, 2018Have you ever heard of a church that repented? Not individuals, but an entire church that collectively recognized its congregational transgressions and openly, genuinely repented, with biblical sorrow and brokenness. Sadly, you probably have not. For that matter, have you ever heard of a pastor who called his church to repent and threatened his congregation […]
- Assaulting the Nature of Truth October 1, 2018Words matter to God. After all, they are His chosen means of communication. He doesn’t bring people to a saving knowledge of Himself through mystical, subjective experiences. He has spoken clear, objective, propositional truth to His creatures through His written Word. That’s why Peter—who saw firsthand the profound supernatural power of God, both in the […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “The Love God Hates” September 28, 2018God is love. That popular notion—excerpted from 1 John 4:8—is often seen as the trump card to God’s other, less popular characteristics. Those looking to ignore His judgment and dispense with His wrath see God’s loving nature as His alpha attribute by which all others are to be defined, or altogether overridden. But as John […]
- The Truth About Spiritual Warfare September 26, 2018Any thorough discussion of the exclusivity of Christ should include the issue of spiritual warfare. Not the nonsense we see in the charismatic church, where a faith healer attempts to bind the demons of back pain and seasonal allergies through your television screen. True spiritual warfare isn’t about parlor tricks or incantations. It’s a tireless […]
- The Danger of Ignorant Zeal September 24, 2018Being a member of a healthy church isn’t an end in itself. It’s a wonderful blessing and privilege to sit under the faithful teaching of a shepherd who rightly handles God’s Word. But we must never allow that blessing from God to cultivate complacency in our relationship with Him. The nation of Israel serves as […]
- The Foolish Cross September 19, 2018Unregenerate sinners are completely lost. Unaided and unilluminated, in his natural condition and without the gospel, the sinner will never find a way to God. In fact, he won’t be looking for it to begin with. “A natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; […]
- Knowledge That Condemns September 17, 2018“Natural theology”—the belief that man inherently has the ability to reason himself to God—is surging in popularity among evangelicals. But does it find support in Scripture? In Romans 1, Paul presents a strong case against the idea of natural theology. It is true that God reveals Himself in creation. He reveals Himself also in our […]
- The Legacy of the Reformation October 10, 2018
- Friday, Oct 12, 2018Why we will likely never know the actual death toll from a storm like Hurricane Michael || Can big data save us? When it comes to life-threatening decisions, the problem can’t be solved with predictive analytics || The real lesson of National Freethought Day: A mind free of belief in God is actually the least […]
- Thursday, Oct 11, 2018As Hurricane Michael makes landfall, why human beings ought to be humbled by this kind of storm || Abortion once again revealed to be central sacrament as feminist left turns on Democratic governor of California || Is chivalry merely condescension? One woman, in the name of women, demands the end of respect for women The […]
- Wednesday, Oct 10, 2018Contagion of gender confusion fueled by new study on teens and gender identity || Why much of the moral confusion we see today is a socially-constructed confusion || As we see images of another hurricane approaching, we should be thankful that we live in an age when there are images to see The post Wednesday, […]
- Tuesday, Oct 9, 2018After UN report on climate change, deluge of headlines warns of impending doom || Why those operating from a biblical worldview can understand environmental evils better than those operating from a secular worldview || Calling abortion a ‘fundamental right’ is a radical step, but it’s the next step for those committed to the culture of […]
- Friday, Oct 12, 2018