- As we have explained, the 2015 net neutrality rules passed under Obama did not apply to Google, Facebook, or any big internet platform; thus they represent FAKE net neutrality.
- If you thought that these companies abide by the spirit of net neutrality as outlined in their public positions—think again.Their hypocrisy is real, which is why Obama’s “net neutrality,” which the Democrats are trying to bring back by use of the CRA, is FAKE net neutrality. Any form of real net neutrality would also apply to companies like Google, Twitter and Facebook – the very companies blocking content.Below are some examples of how Silicon Valley companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter have violated the principles they purport to support with so-called net neutrality. To see more examples — dating back years — visit “Report the Bans” on FreeOurInternet.org.
- 4/8/18 – Facebook censors Diamond and Silk’s page, labeling them “unsafe to the community.” The outspoken sisters were were provided with no reason why their videos were labeled as unsafe.
- 11/2/17 – The president’s Twitter handle, @RealDonaldTrump, is deactivated for 11 minutes.
- 10/9/17 – Twitter shuts down Congressman Marsha Blackburn’s campaign’s ability to promote her announcement video because of pro-life statements.
- 9/9/17 – A pro-Trump YouTube star has her song “Make America Great Again” taken down from YouTube. The company refuses to comment on this specific case.
- 10/12/16 – Google’s YouTube censors conservative video channel by labeling it “restricted adult content.”
- 6/22/16 – Anti-Hillary Clinton game removed from Google Play Store, but “Punch the Trump” game remains.
- 6/10/16 – Investigative video released showing how Google manipulates search results to favor Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.
- 6/26/06 – Google begins to prioritize its own services over those of start-up competitor Foundem.com in search results.
This message was sent to you by Robertcoss via Diigo