about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- God Glorified Through His People February 11, 2019As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14–16) One of the deadliest heresies the church […]
- Sovereign Care and Protection February 8, 2019How would you assess the current state of the church? Many believers would deliver a despairing report. Cowardice, compromise, and heresy abound in the guise of church growth strategies and contextualization. Religious broadcasting is overrun with charlatans and salesmen. And the political correctness juggernaut continues to infiltrate congregations. Yet Jesus Christ is still building His […]
- The Lord’s Voice of Authority February 6, 2019I frequently hear pastors say, “You need to learn to listen to the voice of God. You need to be tuned in so you can hear His still, small voice.” Author Sarah Young makes a similar claim in Jesus Calling—her bestselling devotional based on messages she claims to have received from Christ. Presumptuously writing in […]
- The Lord Purifies His People February 4, 2019“He’s not mad at you, He’s mad about you.” That’s how one high-profile pastor of a leading seeker-sensitive church likes to describe God’s supposed disposition toward sinners.  https://pastorrick.com/if-you-want-to-change-start-with-your-thinking/. But that short turn of phrase—clearly designed to soothe convicted consciences and diminish the offense of sin—is a woeful distortion of God’s holy character and the […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “The Benefits of Knowing Christ” February 1, 2019I once heard the story of a man who spent his entire life in abject poverty. Soon after his death, a massive deposit of gold was discovered just beneath the surface of his small plot of land. I found it staggering to contemplate the vast resources that poor man had right under his feet his […]
- The Lord’s Relentless Defense of His People January 30, 2019What is Jesus doing right now? After all, His creation is complete (John 1:1–3) and His atoning work is finished (Hebrews 10:12–14). So what occupies Him in the present? While exiled on the island of Patmos, the apostle John received a powerful reminder of the Lord’s ongoing priestly work. John describes Christ’s appearance in Revelation […]
- The Enduring Light of the Truth January 28, 2019In spite of all that Scripture tells us about Jesus Christ, rarely do we see the full manifestation of His glory. Even in His interactions with His disciples after His resurrection, the Lord was still veiled within His glorified body. Only one passage gives us a detailed glimpse of Christ’s manifold glory, displayed through His […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “The Reality of God’s Wrath” January 25, 2019Recently, I conducted an Internet search for “songs about the grace of God.” Among the results was one website that comprised sixty-two pages of such songs. My curiosity piqued, I then searched “songs about the wrath of God.” Not surprisingly, the results were not nearly as robust. Today’s Christian music seems mostly designed to engage […]
- God Glorified Through His People February 11, 2019
- The Briefing — Feb. 11, 2019The reality of sexual abuse hits home: A massive investigative report on sexual abuse in Southern Baptist Convention || How did this happen? History, church order, and a moral crisis collide || Supreme Court and abortion: A recent decision, the question of momentum, and the sanctity of human life in America The post The Briefing […]
- Friday, Feb. 8, 2019‘Keep up or die’: A church that won’t hold a heresy trial when confronted with heresy isn’t really a church || Is it possible to raise children without the notion of sin? Why a mere morality of harm isn’t sufficient || Buckle up: If you’re a German politician who wants to impose a speed limit […]
- Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019Knowing where we stand: Washington Post columnist says anyone who holds to biblical morality is a bigot || What does Planned Parenthood mean when it says it wants "reproductive justice"? || Reproduction, race, and sex-selection abortions: Why abortion isn't the fundamental right sexual revolutionaries say it is The post Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019 appeared first […]
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019The pageantry of democracy: As President Trump delivers State of the Union address, drama fills the chamber || “Made in the holy image of God”—The one specific moment in last night’s State of the Union that highlights our culture’s vast worldview divide || One of the most respected scientists in the world won’t stop talking […]
- The Briefing — Feb. 11, 2019