about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- John MacArthur on Making the Most of Christmas November 19, 2018While we in the United States will celebrate Thanksgiving later this week, most of us—regardless of where we live—already have an eye on Christmas. More than any other holiday, Christmas takes over large portions of day-to-day life weeks (if not months) in advance. Between the gifts, the music, the travel plans, and the elaborate decorations, […]
- God Is Not the Author of Confusion November 16, 2018Some years ago, a close friend of mine attended a service at a large church of international renown where the laughing revival had been going on for several weeks. After a brief, perfunctory sermon with a minimum of references to Scripture and a lot of mangled theology, the worship leader called everyone to the front […]
- God in the Hands of Giddy Sinners November 14, 2018Many charismatics today claim that the Great Awakening was a forerunner to their own movement, marked by the same emotional outbursts and experiences that dominate their worship. Moreover, as we’ve already seen, they argue that the movement was quenched by an emphasis on theological precision. But such arguments betray a woeful misunderstanding of the Great […]
- Jonathan Edwards Warns Modern Mystics November 12, 2018No one was in a better position to evaluate the Great Awakening than Jonathan Edwards. He watched it firsthand from beginning to end. He personally witnessed the remarkable emotional and physical responses in congregations where he preached. He defended the Awakening when critics denounced it as pure hysteria. And when it was over, he carefully […]
- Goodbye to a Gifted Servant November 9, 2018No one likes goodbyes. But by God’s grace, we can sometimes see His providence in the parting of ways. Such is the case next week, as we bid farewell to Gabriel Powell. For the past five years, Gabe has faithfully served as the head of Grace to You’s Internet ministry. In that time, he has […]
- A Look at the Great Awakening November 7, 2018The Great Awakening was a dramatic revival that began in New England in the mid-eighteenth century and swept the colonies before it finally subsided. Multitudes were converted in the Awakening, and the spiritual climate of colonial America was transformed. Even in secular history books, the Great Awakening is treated as one of the most significant […]
- The Doctrine of Anti-Theology November 5, 2018Pastors need Bereans in their congregations—members “who received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so” (Acts 17:11). Those who would teach God’s Word must be held accountable to its exacting standards. Unfortunately, the opposite is true for those who desire to preach personal opinions and exegete […]
- John MacArthur on Where We Find the Truth November 2, 2018Where do you find the truth? In a day dominated by anonymous sources, political spin, and so-called fake news, locating and understanding the truth ought to be a high priority. However, what we see most often is people circling the wagons with others who share their opinions and holding to the version of the facts […]
- John MacArthur on Making the Most of Christmas November 19, 2018
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018Why thanksgiving, rightly understood, is a deeply theological act || An apologetics of thanksgiving: Examining the intellectual and moral problem of giving thanks for those who don’t believe in God || The theological story of Thanksgiving: How the history of this holiday explains our celebration today The post Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018 appeared first on […]
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018Why democracy requires electoral integrity and a basic level of trust between the voters and the government || Looking to the future, Democrats face big question: Play to the center or go for broke and move to the left? || Orange County, California: Heart of modern conservative movement turns blue. What does this mean for […]
- Monday, Nov. 19, 2018In victory for religious liberty, Trump administration grants relief from contraceptive mandate for religious organizations || Journalism redefined: How the moral revolution requires changes in every dimension of the culture || Desperation of pro-abortion movement on full display as activists launch online abortion pill service || Why all of our political struggles shouldn’t be reduced […]
- Friday, Nov. 16, 2018Bringing together a divided America: Congress poised to pass bipartisan criminal justice reform || Sovereignty, subsidiarity, and the future of Europe: What the Brexit deal tells us about the prospect of the EU || What Amazon's plans for HQ2 can teach us about the intersection of economics and the Christian worldview? The post Friday, Nov. […]
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018