about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Knowledge That Condemns September 17, 2018“Natural theology”—the belief that man inherently has the ability to reason himself to God—is surging in popularity among evangelicals. But does it find support in Scripture? In Romans 1, Paul presents a strong case against the idea of natural theology. It is true that God reveals Himself in creation. He reveals Himself also in our […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Death Through Adam; Life Through Christ” September 14, 2018Adam’s fall in the Garden of Eden is widely regarded as fiction these days. Even professing Christians capitulate to the evolutionary zeitgeist, redefining the early chapters of Genesis as nothing more than metaphor. But the empirical proof of mankind’s fall into sin is evident all around us. We don’t have to teach our children how […]
- Renovating the Narrow Gate September 12, 2018A radically abridged and ambiguous view of the gospel has captivated the church today. We see this whenever a prominent professing believer says his or her faith “is a very private thing.” Let me suggest to you that if your faith is “a private thing,” it’s not the Christian faith. That personal, secret faith so […]
- The Apostles of Ambiguity September 10, 2018My formal seminary education prepared me for many theological battles. We were equipped to defend the inerrancy of Scripture. We were prepared to defend the true ministry of the Holy Spirit, understand the proper paradigm of sanctification, and respond to the abuses of the Charismatic Movement. We learned how to battle liberalism, counter Catholicism, and […]
- The Injustice of Social Justice September 7, 2018The besetting sin of pragmatic, style-conscious evangelicals has always been that they shamelessly borrow fads and talking points from the unbelieving world. Today’s evangelicals evidently don’t believe the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God (1 Corinthians 3:19). Virtually any theory, ideology, or amusement that captures the fancy of secular pop culture will be […]
- Is the Controversy over "Social Justice" Really Necessary? August 27, 2018I do not relish controversy, and I particularly dislike engaging in polemical battles with other evangelical Christians. But as my previous posts in this series demonstrate, when the gospel is under attack from within the visible church, such controversy is necessary. And if it seems fierce disagreements within the church have been the rule rather […]
- The Long Struggle to Preserve the Gospel, Part 2 August 22, 2018Monday’s blog post focused on some of the past few decades of conflicts within the evangelical movement that have provoked me to preach and write in defense of the gospel. It wasn’t an exhaustive list—that would be tedious, I suspect. Evangelicals as a group have shown an unsettling willingness to compromise or unnecessarily obfuscate all […]
- The Long Struggle to Preserve the Gospel, Part 1 August 20, 2018From the earliest days of the apostolic era, faithful Christians have been called upon to contend earnestly for the truth of the gospel. The hardest battles have taken place within the visible church, among those who claim fidelity to Christ. That’s because the greatest threats to gospel truth have not come from atheists and other […]
- Knowledge That Condemns September 17, 2018
- Tuesday, Sept 18, 2018Political world turned upside down as Kavanaugh, accuser prepare to testify before Senate || How should Christians think about sexual assault allegations and the moral consequences of those allegations? || Can we escape the knowledge of God’s judgment? Why Hell is a deeply offensive concept to the modern mind The post Tuesday, Sept 18, 2018 […]
- Monday, Sept 17, 2018Why every major hurricane is turning out to be more expensive than the one that came before || Are Google’s algorithms suppressing conservative media? Probably not directly, but the reality may be more dangerous || What we can learn from Ronald Reagan’s letter pleading with his father-in-law to come to faith in Christ The post […]
- Friday, Sept 14, 2018Hurricane Florence and the limits of meteorological projection: Why it’s an exercise in human hubris to think we would ever fully understand a storm || Are hurricanes acts of God or signs of climate change? Your answer will depend on your worldview || Rebranding the pro-abortion movement: Why it’s significant that Planned Parenthood named a […]
- Thursday, Sept 13, 2018Even in an increasingly secular age, most voters look for politicians to acknowledge something beyond politics || The modern cult of fitness: Why physical activities are a poor substitute for spiritual realities || In a world filled with people created in God’s image, no worldview, no culture, and no individual exists as an island The […]
- Tuesday, Sept 18, 2018