about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Missions Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Debunking Lies About Heaven July 20, 2018Why is it important to know the truth about heaven? With all the contradicting theories and theologies, you can imagine that some Christians would prefer to live in blithe ignorance about what awaits beyond the grave. But knowing the truth about heaven is not just about being right for the sake of being right. God’s […]
- The False Hope of Purgatory July 18, 2018Let’s be clear from the outset: The Roman Catholic doctrine of purgatory is taught nowhere in Scripture. It was invented to accommodate Catholicism’s denial of justification by faith alone. And it offers false hope to millions who anticipate ample time beyond the grave—perhaps eons, if necessary—to achieve their own justification. Scripture very clearly teaches that […]
- What Happens When Believers Die? July 16, 2018It’s hard for our finite minds to conceive of eternity—or for that matter, anything outside of our routine experience in this temporal realm. In spite of the pictorial language employed by the biblical authors, it can be difficult for us to form a clear concept of heaven, or understand what it will be like to […]
- Friday's Featured Sermon: "Facing Death Confidently, Part 2" July 13, 2018Have you ever met anyone who expects to live forever? Though they might not verbalize that expectation, the way some people live suggests they are unmoved by the unstoppable march of time, and unconcerned about the inevitability of the grave. Others obsess over death, and take extreme measures to prevent its arrival. For Christians, both […]
- Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord July 11, 2018Are you afraid to die? It’s natural for humans to fear the unknown. But thanks to the clear testimony of God’s Word, believers do not have to approach the end of this temporal life in fearful ignorance. On the contrary, we should echo the triumphant words of Paul: “O death, where is your victory? O […]
- What Will Heaven Be Like? July 9, 2018Gustav Mahler’s Fourth Symphony is based on a poem that describes heaven from a child’s point of view. The music certainly sounds heavenly. The symphony’s fourth movement features a soprano singing the German words to the poem “Das himmlische Leben”—“The Heavenly Life.” English listeners might simply be moved by the serene beauty of the music. […]
- Growing in Discernment July 6, 2018How do you measure maturity? It is not a function of how old you are—society is dominated by multiple generations of immature adults who refuse to act their age. Maturity is tested by time, but it’s not a question of how long a person has lived. Rather, it’s determined by how wisely he or she […]
- Spirit-Powered Discernment July 2, 2018True discernment is impossible without divine power. We need the true Discerner—the Holy Spirit—to lead us into all truth (John 16:13). We cannot fully understand what God is saying to us in His Word without the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit. First Corinthians 2:11 says, “The thoughts of God no one knows except the […]
- Debunking Lies About Heaven July 20, 2018
- Friday, June 29, 2018A political earthquake in New York as Democrats continue their leftward march || Why it’s significant that a deep red state like Oklahoma voted to legalize medicinal marijuana || Orthodoxy of the sexual revolution questioned in one of the nation’s most influential magazines || Is everything biological or is nothing biological? Examining the biological basis […]
- Thursday, June 28, 2018How Justice Anthony Kennedy became one of the most singularly important figures in Supreme Court history || In yet another victory for free speech, Supreme Court rules public-sector employees can’t be forced to pay dues to labor unions The post Thursday, June 28, 2018 appeared first on AlbertMohler.com.
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018Supreme Court reinforces authority of the executive branch, upholds travel ban || In 5-4 decision, Supreme Court rules that coerced speech at crisis pregnancy centers violates First Amendment || Why pro-abortion groups completely ignored the main point argued by the Supreme Court in free speech case The post Wednesday, June 27, 2018 appeared first on […]
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018Why according to a biblical worldview civility is not just a political necessity || Obsessed with death: Secular society forced to search for meaning when confronted with the reality of mortality || Supreme Court punts on one of the most important issues facing the court this year The post Tuesday, June 26, 2018 appeared first […]
- Friday, June 29, 2018