about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eschatology Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- Social Injustice and the Gospel August 13, 2018Scripture says earthly governments are ordained by God to administer justice, and believers are to be subject to their authority. The civil magistrate is “a minister of God to you for good . . . an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil” (Romans 13:1–4). But it is also true that no […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “No Other Gospel” August 10, 2018The gospel of Jesus Christ is an exclusive, narrow, and nonnegotiable message. While there is only one way to preach it, there are seemingly endless ways to distort and pervert it. And even the smallest alteration strips the gospel of its saving power. The apostle Paul understood that the eternal stakes couldn’t be higher: I […]
- Friday’s Featured Sermon: “Learning from Bad Examples” August 3, 2018Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. That familiar phrase—and all its variations—is credited to George Santayana, a European philosopher writing in the early twentieth century. However, it should not surprise us that the sentiment behind his words reaches back much further into history. In particular, it seems to be what […]
- Is There a Temple in Heaven? July 27, 2018In the ancient world, the two most important buildings of any national capital were the palace and the temple. They represented civil and spiritual authority. In heaven the centrality of the throne of God emphasizes both His sovereignty and His worthiness to be worshiped. All heaven is His palace, and all heaven is His temple. […]
- Apocalyptic Visions of Indescribable Glory July 25, 2018The book of Revelation is the story of how God’s wrath will finally be poured out upon the earth. Evil will be conquered forever and vanquished from the universe. It is a graphic and troubling vision, not primarily a lesson about heaven. Still, we learn a lot about heaven from the apostle John’s apocalyptic vision. […]
- A Portrait of God's Glory July 23, 2018While God’s Word does not give us all the details about our future home with Him, Scripture is hardly silent when it comes to His eternal kingdom. In fact, the Bible contains many descriptions of heaven. However, some of those descriptions are cast in apocalyptic or prophetic language filled with symbolism and mystery. Such complex […]
- Debunking Lies About Heaven July 20, 2018Why is it important to know the truth about heaven? With all the contradicting theories and theologies, you can imagine that some Christians would prefer to live in blithe ignorance about what awaits beyond the grave. But knowing the truth about heaven is not just about being right for the sake of being right. God’s […]
- The False Hope of Purgatory July 18, 2018Let’s be clear from the outset: The Roman Catholic doctrine of purgatory is taught nowhere in Scripture. It was invented to accommodate Catholicism’s denial of justification by faith alone. And it offers false hope to millions who anticipate ample time beyond the grave—perhaps eons, if necessary—to achieve their own justification. Scripture very clearly teaches that […]
- Social Injustice and the Gospel August 13, 2018
- Friday, Aug 17, 2018What is the basic distinction between human beings and animals? || Confusion about distinctions between animals and humans moves from high end of developmental scale to low end of developmental scale || A post-Christian culture in Southern California? Image of Bible in ads leads to death threats, removal of ad The post Friday, Aug 17, […]
- Thursday, Aug 16, 2018Colorado once again targets cake baker Jack Phillips, falling for trap set by sexual revolutionaries || How abolishing the death penalty undermines justice and leads to a further devaluing of human life || Who has the ultimate authority? USA Today gets right to the real issue behind the death penalty debate The post Thursday, Aug […]
- Wednesday, Aug 15, 2018New, expanding wave of sexual abuse allegations rocks Roman Catholic Church || Lessons from Willow Creek: What we must learn from the mishandling of sexual misconduct allegations at one of America’s largest protestant churches || It tells us something about human nature that human beings will gamble on just about anything, including opera The post […]
- Tuesday, Aug 14, 2018In the great battle of worldviews, the United States now competes with China for the attention and ambition of emerging nations || As Xi Jinping’s power expands, Christians and Muslims in China see their freedoms shrink || In an increasingly secular age, the only churches that will survive are those that are distinctively Christian || […]
- Friday, Aug 17, 2018