about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?
- 1st Amendment
- American History
- Bush Administration
- Computer Literacy
- Deep State
- Eye for an Eye
- Justice for All
- Police State
- Raising Kids
- Religious Right
- Ron Paul
- Self Improvement
- Serving Mammon
- Thomas Jefferson
- God in a Manger December 11, 2019Many people gladly celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas, only to ignore, shun, and reject Him the rest of the year. They don’t mind celebrating the birth of a baby, but they don’t want to hear about the Lord of lords.READ MORE
- John MacArthur on Christians and Christmas Traditions December 9, 2019How to approach Christmas with a Christ-honoring attitude is a vexing question for many believers. Should we embrace the various traditions or be antagonistic toward them? Should we vigorously participate or cautiously hesitate?READ MORE
- John MacArthur on the Inexhaustibility of God’s Truth December 6, 2019Most people read a book only once—satisfied they’ve learned the story or the information it communicates, they don’t feel the need to read it again. Some ardent fans might return to a cherished book again and again, but the majority of readers eagerly move on to something new. So why is the Bible different? Why […]
- The Bible Is Timeless Truth December 4, 2019God does not intend for His Word to be subdivided, excerpted, and wrenched out of context. The Bible speaks with consistent authority and perpetual relevance in all matters. It does not require correction, innovation, or editorial oversight.READ MORE
- The Bible Is Incompatible Truth December 2, 2019The exclusive claims of Scripture are at loggerheads with our pluralistic and relativistic culture. Today we live in a world dominated by inclusive prattle and “coexist” bumper stickers. Religions and philosophies only have value and merit inasmuch as they do not step on one anothers’ toes. The marketplace of ideas has been replaced with an […]
- The Bible Is Authoritative Truth November 27, 2019The authority and inerrancy of Scripture are fundamental doctrines, yet we have an entire generation of professing Christians who are neither committed to those dogmas nor able to fight to defend them. READ MORE
- The Bible Is Trustworthy Truth November 25, 2019Without a doubt, the ground Satan most vigorously and continuously attacks these days is the trustworthiness of Scripture—by which he also strikes a blow at its authority, sufficiency, inerrancy, integrity, and perspicuity. The battle for the truth is the battle for the Bible, and in this fight God’s people cannot flinch.READ MORE
- The Bible Is Rational Truth November 22, 2019The Bible isn’t some mystical transmitter of truth. It’s not a coded message with numerological keys. Nor does its text require ethereal insight to unlock its meaning. God has kindly chosen to communicate with man by engaging the mental faculties He has blessed us with—through the clear, objective, and rational expression of His revealed Word.READ […]
- God in a Manger December 11, 2019
- Thursday, December 12, 2019Supreme Court Rejects Appeal of Kentucky’s Mandatory Ultrasound Rule: The Sacredness of Life Revealed in an Image ‘Climate Emergency’ — Oxford’s Word of the Year Is Actually Two Words ‘Existential’ — How an Animated Spork Named Forky Revived the Use of Dictionary.com’s Word of the Year The Moral Revolution in a Pronoun — Merriam-Webster Dictionary […]
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019House Democratic Leaders Release Two Articles of Impeachment: What Happens Next? One Report, Two Interpretations: What the New Report on the FBI Means Depends on Where and How You Read the Story Why Was the FBI Established in the First Place? The Expanding Nature of Both Crime and the FBI Throughout American History The post […]
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019A Secular Culture Looks for Meaning Everywhere: Four Articles in Sunday’s New York Times Illustrate the Modern Search for Meaning The Post-Christian Character of Society: Humanity’s Deep Spiritual Hunger on Full Display What Is a Banana and a Piece of Duct Tape Worth? Apparently $120,000 — An Unsettled Culture Clearly Seen in Subversive, Modern Art […]
- Monday, December 9, 2019The Clash Between Religious Liberty and the New Sexual Liberty Continues: Fairness For All Legislation Introduced on Friday The Infectious Logic of the Fairness For All Act: Why This Proposed Legislation Actually Weakens the Case for Religious Liberty Getting in Line with the Sexual Revolution: The Problem of a Theology of Subsequent Revelation The post […]
- Thursday, December 12, 2019