about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 911 American History Bush Administration Censorship Christianity Computer Literacy Conspiracy Constitution Corporatism Deep State Devotional Economy Education Elections Eye for an Eye Fascism Health Hope Humor Justice for All LegalShield Liberty Media Music Oil OWS Persecution Police State Quotes Raising Kids Relationships Religious Right Revolution Rights Ron Paul Self Improvement Serving Mammon Solutions Technology Terrorism Thomas Jefferson War Zionism
- John MacArthur on Faithfulness April 1, 2019What key qualities do you look for in a church leader? In a world enamored with worldly metrics of success—popularity, influence, acclaim, and charisma—it’s easy for Christians to be swept along with the conventional secular thinking of our day. But we need to be always mindful of the qualities that God esteems in those to […]
- The Servant Leader Is Being Sanctified March 29, 2019All who lead in Christ’s church need to be growing more and more like Him. That’s the implication of Paul’s words to Timothy: “That your progress will be evident to all” (1 Timothy 4:15). Throughout this series we’ve carefully considered the apostle Paul’s urgent exhortation concerning Christian leadership found in 1 Timothy 4:6–15. Timothy was […]
- The Servant Leader Is Focused March 27, 2019The Lord Jesus Christ had no time for divided loyalties. He warned that “no one can serve two masters” (Matthew 6:24). Part-time devotion isn’t an option for the true servant of the Lord. The apostle Paul was acutely aware of this reality in Christian ministry and commanded Timothy to “take pains with these things; be […]
- The Servant Leader Is Dedicated March 22, 2019Half measures have no place in Christian ministry. The apostle Paul reminds us that it requires immense dedication. He describes the godly minister as one whose relentless devotion is to maintain a thoroughly biblical ministry. The apostle charges Timothy with these words: “Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation […]
- The Servant Leader Exemplifies March 20, 2019The church is not meant to gauge the quality of a servant leader merely by how he preaches. Even the most skilled preacher can sabotage the impact and reach of his sermons if he lives a sinful life. Tragically, the church today seems to be suffering from an epidemic of pastors whose conduct denies the […]
- The Servant Leader Teaches With Authority March 18, 2019In a culture that despises authority and submission, many people have been conditioned to distrust anyone who speaks authoritatively or represents an objective, external standard. Christians must not succumb to such skepticism. We should not join the world’s knee-jerk cynicism for anyone who speaks authoritatively. This is particularly crucial for those servant leaders who have […]
- The Servant Leader Works Hard March 13, 2019Is pastoral ministry a haven for people who want to avoid hard work? It can certainly appear that way to the casual observer, who only ever sees his pastor in action for two hours every Sunday. But that perception couldn’t be further from the truth when it comes to faithful shepherds and servant leaders of […]
- The Servant Leader Is Disciplined March 11, 2019Faithful ministry is the natural extension of personal godliness. J. Oswald Sanders says in his book Spiritual Leadership, “Spiritual ends can be achieved only by spiritual men who employ spiritual methods.”  J. Oswald Sanders, Spiritual Leadership, revised ed. (Chicago, IL: Moody, 1980), 40. The key issue in ministry is godliness. It isn’t how clever […]
- John MacArthur on Faithfulness April 1, 2019
- Thursday, April 4, 2019Chicago elects openly gay, African-American woman as mayor: What this tells us about identity politics, the normalization of a new morality, and the Chicago political machine || The prophet of the Mormon church claims God directly told him to change the church’s name: Why this direct assertion of special revelation is theologically troubling || An […]
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019Younger generations are moving to the left: What cultural conditions have led to this change and what should the church’s response be? || Society is celebrating that a grandma gave birth to her granddaughter, but Christians understand that not every means by which a child is conceived is equally laudatory || The importance of the […]
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019The Supreme Court makes a narrow decision on a death penalty case: A look at the media coverage, the divide of the court, and the delay between crime and punishment || How changing opinions on the death penalty highlight the moral transformations in Western culture over recent decades || The New York Times is shocked […]
- Monday, April 1, 2019Georgia passes bill restricting abortion. The response of the cultural elites? Hollywood threatens to pull out of the state, potentially taking billions of dollars in the process || How the massive opposition to 'Unplanned,' a decidedly pro-life movie, reveals the hostility of the pro-abortion movement || Who determines what a film is rated? How a […]
- Thursday, April 4, 2019