about MeSome of my guiding principles to help understand who I am.
Guiding Principles for My Church
…a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'make straight the way of the Lord…
~ John 1:23
...the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
~ 1 Tim 3:15
He who gives attention to the word shall find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
~ Prov 16:20
Write, for these words are faithful and true!
~ Rev 21:5
Guiding Principles for My Government
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson
"Striving for justice is one of life’s greatest gratifications. In fact, outside of the family, it is the greatest gratification. Without justice, there’s no such thing as liberty and freedom, there’s no such thing as fulfilling life’s possibilities."
~ Ralph Nadar
Guiding Principles for My Family
For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring upon [him] what He has spoken about him.
~ Genesis 18:19
Guiding Principles for My BusinessI fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. ~ Napoleon Hill
Guiding Principles for My Me
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15-16
Am I straining at gnats and swallowing camels?
- 1st Amendment
- American History
- Bush Administration
- Computer Literacy
- Deep State
- Eye for an Eye
- Justice for All
- Police State
- Raising Kids
- Religious Right
- Ron Paul
- Self Improvement
- Serving Mammon
- Thomas Jefferson
- Evangelical Syncretism: Submitting to Feminism November 4, 2019It is no coincidence that the rise of feminism in the twentieth century paralleled an unprecedented push for female clergy in Western churches. With the shifting views and priorities of the culture, the timeless biblical truths of male headship and church leadership were suddenly under attack.READ MORE
- John MacArthur on the Importance of Genesis November 1, 2019What you believe about the opening verses of Genesis forms the foundation for your view of Scripture. That was the point John MacArthur made recently when we asked him about the importance of the Genesis account. READ MORE
- Evangelical Syncretism: The Genesis Crisis October 30, 2019Most of us are familiar with politicians who obfuscate simple questions with complex political answers. Who can forget Bill Clinton’s “It depends upon what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is”? Unfortunately, obfuscation exists in the realm of theology as well. God may not be “a God of confusion” (1 Corinthians 14:33), but there are […]
- Inerrancy and Evangelical Syncretism October 28, 2019Among evangelical Christians, the word syncretism usually conjures thoughts of third-world missionaries who blend their religion with the indigenous pagan practices they encounter. A visitor to my home church related a conversation he’d had with a Roman Catholic missionary while touring South America. The priest wore his syncretistic practices as a badge of honor, boasting […]
- Why Be So Passionate About the Sufficiency of Scripture? October 14, 2019Biblical sufficiency has been the heartbeat of John MacArthur’s teaching—he has continually used Scripture to interpret, defend, and illustrate itself throughout his five decades of ministry. With the conference fast approaching, we recently asked John why he remains so relentless in his defense of the absolute sufficiency of Scripture.READ MORE
- If Scripture Is Sufficient, Why Are So Many Professing Believers Looking for Something More? October 11, 2019Today the shelves of Christian bookstores sag under the weight of devotionals, guidebooks, and manuals purporting to help you hear and understand what God has to say to you personally. Wildly popular books like Experiencing God and Jesus Calling encourage believers to look beyond the confines of Scripture for fresh words from God.READ MORE
- If Scripture Alone Is Sufficient, Can You Be Saved Without Hearing the Word of God? October 10, 2019How should you evaluate claims of Christian conversion that don’t involve exposure to the Word of God? This question has taken on greater significance in recent years, as a growing number of Muslims claim to have been saved through dreams in which Jesus appeared to them.READ MORE
- Is Scripture Sufficient to Meet Modern Cultural Challenges? October 9, 2019Twenty-first century evangelists and missionaries are confronted with a vastly different world to that of the early church. In the realms of communication and technology, the changes are immense. And in the eyes of many church growth proponents, a lot of modern advancements have left the Bible looking older than ever.READ MORE
- Evangelical Syncretism: Submitting to Feminism November 4, 2019
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019Important Statewide Elections Today: In Some Cases, No Less Than Life and Death is at Stake The Nationalization of All Elections: Why Christians Have a Stewardship to Go Vote According to Christian Conscience We’re Being Watched: The Ethical and Moral Dilemmas of the Surveillance State China’s Surveillance Technology Can Now Recognize Emotion? The Difference Between […]
- Monday, November 4, 2019Can Christian Foster Care and Adoption Agencies Actually Be Christian? The Sexual Revolutionaries Demand Total Surrender In a World Subversive of Gender, Gender Reveal Parties Fly in the Face of the Cultural Orthodoxy: Clarity in a Confused Time Beto O’Rourke Ends His Campaign for President: The Candidate Who Said Out Loud What the Others Were […]
- Friday, November 1, 2019House of Representatives Votes Formal Authorization of Impeachment Inquiry: The Partisan Divide and the Nature of Politics A Grand Inquest of the Republic, Now? The 2020 Presidential Election Sets the Context Totalitarian China Releases Morality Guidelines to Control Total Life of Citizens: When a Dictatorship Becomes an Idolatrous Autocracy The post Friday, November 1, 2019 […]
- Thursday, October 31, 2019Halloween and the Great Spiritual Conflict: Paganism is Now Big Business in the US The Resurgence of Paganism: What the Revival of Witchcraft Reveals about the New American Spirituality Why Does Culture Celebrate Evil? The Allure of Darkness and the Fear of Death One Little Word Shall Fell Him: The Certainty of Christ’s Triumph over […]
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019