- Not only are older books on South African history destroyed and replaced with Marxist retellings, but geographic locations have been renamed and monuments to white South Africans taken down. Sound familiar?
- The present day Black Lives Matter movement echoes the policies and attitudes of South African political groups like the African National Congress, Black First Land First, and the Economic Freedom Fighters who are known for calling for the deaths of white farmers at their rallies.
- Between 2012 and 2016 the attacks on farms increased 72.9% according to the Blood Sisters, a private organization responsible for cleaning up crime scenes.
- These statistics are both undocumented and unreported by the government and news organizations.
- The drowning of a twelve year old in boiling hot water, an elderly man ambushed and shot execution style in the head six times in his own home, and an elderly woman strangled and her eyes gouged out with a kitchen fork are just a few of the incidents. Unfortunately, the government offers little assistance and rural farmers have to coordinate their own protection.
- As people and organizations in the Unites States wrestle with questions of critical race theory, intersectionality, and all that co mes with them, including deconstructing history and considering reparations, I hope they will remember what is happening in South Africa.
This message was sent to you by Robertcoss via Diigo